Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Blue Ridge Mountains Weekend Get Away

It was very hot and humid with some rain, so mostly we wandered around in shops, ate, slept and talked. I got some new beads for my etsy shop (Lucy's Beads and Prayers), and dh took lots of photos of food. We had a great time reconnecting with old friends. I hope you enjoy the photos.


We stopped at the Mayfield Dairy for a tour and a snack. 


Dh has been having hip/glute troubles, so I did most of the driving. 


Our cabin was called the Chocolate Moose. We spent a lot of time counting moose related decor! 


Setting up the computers to take advantage of the wi-fi. 


Saturday night we went out to dinner with our friends for an early anniversary celebration (25 years in August!). We went to Cucina Rustica, and everything was delicious.

 We ordered three desserts, but this was my favorite.

Here we are at the restaurant feeling totally full and satisfied. 


Kudzu! For those not familiar, kudzu is an imported plant that was brought into the south to help control erosion. It is virtually indestructible and will grow over anything -- hence the semi truck!


There were lots of little craft and antique shops. We spent a day and a half roaming in and out; looking around; and getting ideas.


Dh loves old toys and juggling paraphernalia.


Handblown glass beads from the John C. Campbell Folk School in North Carolina. And yes I bought a few to work with!


Project ideas for dh in all his spare time. LOL! 


Something similar to this to hold the new vessel sink in the bathroom we are remodeling. Another project for dh!


Dh has a thing for fun dragons (see Rex Benson).


I want a backyard like this someday. I just don't want to have to do the work to make it happen and keep it going!



This is the vessel sink we purchased from an artist in Blue Ridge (raebreed@tds.net).


Doesn't this just look like fairies should come out and fly around? 


The dulcimer concert we attended at the John C. Campbell Folk School.


We had our Sunday morning devotional here with good friends before we headed home.


3 comments:

  1. How fun! I particularly love the sink. Someday, someday, I want to take a weaving short course at the Folk school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to welcome you to my blog as my newest follower. Thanks for your visit.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with you about the garden - I want/need a gardener. He would probably need to be at my house at least twice a week!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.