Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

For Today . . . The Simple Woman's Daybook, August 31st

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...it is 68 degrees and there is heavy dew on the grass. Autumn is in the air!

I am thinking...about friendship and perceptions.

I am thankful for...my husband and son and the way they interact. Two peas in a pod!

From the learning rooms...ds has a Anatomy and Physiology test tomorrow -- he is dogsitting, so I hope he studies.

From the kitchen...I am thinking I need to make something with grits today.

I am wearing...my green knit gown.

I am creating...Moopie Bunny.

I am going...to have coffee/tea with old friends this weekend.

I am reading...I finally finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson! It was good and satisfying. Started Talk to the Hand by Lynn Truss last night.

I am hoping...to feel more centered and less pain as this week progresses.

I am hearing...my dogs begging for breakfast.

Around the house...there is less bathroom junk in the living room! But the toilet is still there. LOL!


One of my favorite things...is mint chocolate chip ice cream. Dh surprised me with a carton on Saturday night.

A few plans for the rest of the week...putting together some of my writing to send to a professor who is willing to read through it for me.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...




Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm... Mint chocolate chip :D Do you have a preferred brand? Most MCC fans are staunch in their beliefs that it HAS to be white or green ;)

    Did you also read the other 2 Stieg Larsson books in that series? I keep hearing buzz about them... curious if I should try reading them.

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bunny. Are you hand-sewing it? I can't imagine trying to race around those little curves with a machine. Well, with my cranky machine anyway:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda-
    Yes I've read them all. I liked the 1st one best. There were portions of Hornet that got too political for (I'm not very political and I'm not Swedish). There was a nice sense of closure. They are VERY explicit with violence. Be forewarned.

    I'll eat any mcc I can get, but I really like the green : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan-
    I've sewn it all by machine so far. My machine has a speed control on it which helps a lot. I tried the ears, but they got caught in the feed dogs, so I may have to do them by hand. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the bunny is very cute. Your sewing "seams" to really give your creativity a voice.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.