Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Rainy Friday = Feel Good Friday

"It's raining, it's pouring . . . " Now that may not sound like a good start to Feel Good Friday, but we had been without rain for a good while until yesterday afternoon. We have had summer storms off and on since lunch time yesterday. The pollen is settling, plants are looking greener and the temperature has stabilized considerably! So better weather is a big #1 on my Feel Good Friday list.

My dh returned from a business trip last night around midnight. I have a love/hate relationship with my dh's business trips. On the one hand it can feel like a mini vacation. I pick the food, the TV shows, the sleep schedule. On the other hand, he's GONE. I miss hugs, kisses, talking and just knowing he's here. Not to mention I don't sleep well when he's gone. So FGF #2 is dh's return!

School starts this week for ds. This summer has flown by! While I'm sure routine will be good for me, and I wouldn't mind some order to my days, I also dread the return of homework, grades and stress. It's a mixed blessing.

This week a new friend led me to an online support group for abuse survivors. I'm pretty wary of these kinds of things, but I checked it out. The site seems well organized and well policed. I signed up for it, and one of the first things I found was an article that addressed some long standing issues for me. If your interested you can read it here. Information is power!

Finally, I have bananas that need to be used. I see Jamaican Banana Bread in my future and maybe a banana bundt cake as well!



Today's Feel Good Friday is brought to you by The Girl Next Door Grows Up.

logo3-larger-1

3 comments:

  1. You are the second persona to say that school has started! OMG I would die. We start after Labor Day and that is nice and perfect.

    Although I am not ready for school I am ready for the cooler weather. The heat is getting annoying. I never mind the cold.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Girl,
    Given that I live in the Bible belt you'd think we'd follow the Biblical teaching. School should start after Labor Day and end before Memorial Day! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.