Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . . October 27th

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...the sky is blue and the leaves on my neighbor's sugar maple are a brilliant orange. I took the dogs for a walk this morning and the temperature is in the high 50's right now.

I am thinking...about changes. Dd is home from her stay in Missouri. We are reconfiguring our schedules. I am feeling positive.

I am thankful for...safe travels! Dh and I spent a week in Mexico last week (more on that later), and Monday dh, ds and I drove to Missouri to pick up dd, and then home yesterday. No real problems. We are all a little tired!

From the learning rooms...ds is still struggling in American History and he needs to pick up the pace in German II. On the upside he is enjoying reading Frankenstein.

From the kitchen...a bare cupboard and refrigerator means a trip to the grocery later today.

I am wearing...black exercise pants and my Blue Mountain Beach shirt with pseudo-crocs.

I am creating...plans! I got to go to the Hancock's store in Paducah, KY, and bought more fabric. Spent more than I meant too, but even dh said I got good stuff!

I am going...to unpack, do laundry, grocery shop, walk with dd, and generally try to find order from chaos today.

I am reading...The Feast and The Myth of You and Me.

I am hoping...that things will begin to settle into a calmer routine over the next week or so.

I am hearing...birds chirping and the wind blowing as I have all the windows opened.

Around the house...order must be regained. We also have a sick doggie. Squeaker, ds' half beagle half dachshund, has a mass in her abdomen. The vet doesn't think it's cancer, but she will be having surgery on Friday. Pray for a good outcome!

One of my favorite things...is this kind of weather! Sunny and cool in the mornings. Sunny and warm in the afternoons. Beautiful autumnal colors to view, and small animals foraging for the winter.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Bible studies, readjusting to having dd at home, making plans for crafting.


1 comment:

  1. My kids all loved Frankenstein and keep pestering me to read it too.

    Did you know there was a fabric store on 96 next to Aldi's?

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.