Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday -- October 7, 2010


Happy October, fellow bloggers! We are having true autumn weather here and it is lovely! After a summer of sizzling heat, we now find ourselves with BELOW normal morning temperatures. I have told myself I will not complain, but remember how I longed for cooler weather all summer long. Sweaters, jeans, scarves and boots!

So for this Thankful Thursday I am grateful for:

1. An improved attitude, which I think is the result of asking for and receiving prayers. I tend to forget that (1) it's ok to ask for prayers (and help), and (2) it really makes a HUGE difference.

2. A straighter house thanks in large part to my dear friend, KFH, who came yesterday to craft, and instead helped me pick up and put away because I have a cleaning crew coming on Friday!

3. New Bible study friends in my Beth Moore class. Last night was a video and I sat next to a woman I am just getting to know. She surprised me by telling me that she had been praying for dd and us. DD will be coming home the last week of October. While I am excited, we are also all (even dd) a little nervous. A friend reminded me this week that worrying and stressing won't help or change anything, so that has become my new mantra.

4. More new fabric bought on clearance. Now all I need is the time (and motivation) to make some goodies to sell.

5. Peace and a return to balance. It's a cyclical thing with me. Maybe it's the PTSD or maybe it's just my human nature, but I tend to cycle between peace, contentment and balance, and panic, stress and depression! I'm glad to be back in the positive spin of the cycle.

May your Thankful Thursday be full of blessings. Check out Spiritually Unequal Marriage for more sharing of gratitude.

4 comments:

  1. Balance is hard for me, too.

    How sweet of your friend to help you clean house. A clean house goes a long way to improving my attitude...

    God bless and I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a Sunday School class using Beth Moore's videos. I went to one and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melanie,

    Praying this week is filled with positive and joy. Happy TT and see you again this Thursday. Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.