Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- November 17th

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...it is cool and clear. Seven doves just landed in my front garden! Gathering seeds from the ground and bathing and drinking from the bird bath. Little yellow finches are perched on the finch sock. I love my bird feeders in the morning!

I am thinking...about the doctor's appointment I have later today. Not looking forward to it, but trying to keep a realistic attitude about it.

I am thankful for...this one is tough for me today. I've been struggling with a round of depression for the past 2 weeks or so. I am thankful to have friends to talk with who continue to put up with my ups and downs, even when I can't explain what's going on.

From the learning rooms...a presentation on Frankenstein; an extra credit paper on the American economy; a cooking project; Davy Crockett; German; and more ACT prep. (I'm glad it's ds and not me! LOL!).

From the kitchen...a new recipe for Cheese and Ham Corn Muffins. We had them last night with Bean Soup.They are really a meal in themselves. I'll post the recipe soon on Mellie's Kitchen.

I am wearing...my summer weight robe. I've been shopping for a robe for the winter and can't find one I like. I may just go get some flannel and make one for myself!

I am creating...new prayer strands and rosaries. Also trying to finish those ponchos for dd and me.

I am going...to therapy, and then the dreaded doctor's appointment. On the bright side, Beth Moore small group Bible study is tonight.

I am reading...The Feast and How to Be Cool. I just can't seem to find much time for reading, not to mention that concentrating has been difficult lately.

I am hoping...for some improvement in this mood. Sorry to be kind of a downer.

I am hearing...the news -- so much bad news and not enough good news.

Around the house...things are scattered looking and feeling. I need Mary Poppins to come in!

One of my favorite things...is quiet productivity. 

A few plans for the rest of the week...two Bible studies; physical therapy; striking some order around here. (That last one seems to be a recurring theme.)

1 comment:

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.