Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- November 23rd

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...it is raining lightly with temperatures in the low 60's. There is a single finch on the bird feeder.

I am thinking...that November is no time for a sinus headache!

I am thankful for...good friends who genuinely care enough to DO something, not just say something.

From the learning rooms...no school this week, but we're catching up on German and finishing a couple of papers for American history. Oh did I tell you ds got a 91% on his last AH test! Go ds!

From the kitchen...it's been a wreck for the past several days. Yesterday I got everything cleaned up and put away. Why does having the kitchen clean make everything else go better? And I took advantage of the warm weather to grill kielbasa for dinner last night.

I am wearing...a tank top, my summer weight robe, 1 sock, and my blue pseudo-Crocs. One sock? I have to wear a pain patch on my heel for plantar fasciitis and without the sock the patch comes off in the night. Elegant don't you think?

I am creating...nothing. My motivation picked up and left a couple of weeks ago and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I am going...to the grocery today for the final run before Thanksgiving. That should be fun!?!

I am reading...The Last Summer (of You and Me) by Ann Brashares.

I am hoping...to get the linens put in the new linen closet dh finished over the weekend. It would be a nice start on getting some order before the holidays begin.

I am hearing...a light rain falling and little doggie nails clicking and jingling collars.

Around the house...things are still a mess. At least I'm not hosting Thanksgiving this year! Dh is working all week on the bathroom. Unfortunately he hit a snafu last night. The floor is so un-level he's having to pull up sub-flooring and replace it today before he can lay the new hardwood. Bless his heart!

One of my favorite things...is watching and listening to my ds laugh. He is such a happy kid!

A few plans for the rest of the week...another ob/gyn appointment and then Thanksgiving day with a morning worship at our church followed by dinner at dh's dad's house.

Here is a  picture for thought I am sharing...





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.