Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Feel Good Friday -- December 10th


I have an affinity for fairies.



I have fairies in my bathroom.

I have fairies in my sewing/craft/office.

I even have fairies in my bedroom.

(What a great husband I have!)

It took me a long time to figure out what this fascination with fairies was all about.

One day I figured it out.

It's amazing how good things can come
 out of bad things.

To escape some of the bad stuff I went through as a kid, 
I would "imagine" myself away.

Sometimes I would go to an open field 
behind the barn at my cousin's house.

The grass would be high. 
The sun bright and warm.

Cicadas would be singing.

And I would see little people 
flying above me as I lay in the grass.

I was hidden from the bad stuff,
and the fairies would keep watch over me.

As time has passed I've come to realize
that they weren't fairies that I saw.

Most likely they were dragonflies.

So now I also have an affinity for dragonflies.





For more Feel Good Friday posts go to The Girl Next Door Grows Up.

4 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful creatures! I miss how much my imagine ran wild when I was younger. I wish I could think like that again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great imagination in the eyes of a child is truly precious. It helps through the hard times and makes the good times even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creatures. I love winged things and love to fly in my imagination.Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the picture into the mind of a sweet child. :) I'm glad your husband doesn't mind your fairies in the bedroom.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.