Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- December 14th

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it is cold! We got over 3 inches of snow here on Sunday. That may not sound like much, but it's a lot for us! We aren't supposed to get above freezing until Wednesday.

I am thinking... that I'm having trouble getting into the Christmas spirit. I think it's mostly because of the remodeling. I just can't get into decorating when the living room is such a wreck!

I am thankful for... my warm house. After the weekend snows, wind and bitter cold, it really makes me incredibly grateful for all that I have.

From the learning rooms... it's EXAM week. Oh boy!?!

From the kitchen... homemade ham and corn chowder to keep us all warm. Yum!

I am wearing... flannel pj's and dh's robe.

I am creating... nothing : (

I am going... try and accomplish lots today.

I am reading... Mere Discipleship by Lee Camp.

I am hoping... things go well tomorrow for my "female" surgery.

I am hearing... more tax debate on the news.

Around the house... is the continuing mess of construction and remodeling. I am really looking forward to the new bathroom, and I am incredibly thankful to my husband for all his hard work . . . BUT, this is starting to get really old!

One of my favorite things... is watching Christmas movies with my family.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I am having out patient surgery tomorrow, so not many plans beyond that. Hopefully I'll be feeling just fine to do some fun things by the end of the week.

Here is a  picture for thought I am sharing...



Miracle on 34th Street (1947) is my all time favorite Christmas movie.

"Look Doris, someday you're going to find that your way of facing this realistic world just doesn't work. And when you do, don't overlook those lovely intangibles. You'll discover those are the only things that are worthwhile." 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.