Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- December 8th

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it is cold! Which means it's chilly even inside my window. Winter has really taken a hold here!

I am thinking... that you'd never know it's only 17 days till Christmas from looking at my house! 

I am thankful for... being home! After our lovely trip in San Francisco, getting home was a bear! We were supposed to get in on Sunday night around 6:00, but didn't cross our threshold until 11:15 MONDAY night! 

From the learning rooms... ACT is Saturday and midterms loom next week. Argh!

From the kitchen... hope! I went to the grocery yesterday afternoon, so I can cook now.

I am wearing... crocs, socks, dh's robe.

I am creating... not as much as I'd like to be. Chaos still seems to have control of my house right now, which is making it difficult to accomplish much of anything let alone be creative.

I am going... drink LOTS of tea today : )

I am reading... Mere Discipleship by Lee Camp.

I am hoping... to get a little bit of picking up and decorating done today and tomorrow.

I am hearing... the news.

Around the house... are suitcases still packed from last weekend! Ugh! They must be unpacked TODAY!

One of my favorite things... spending time with my dh -- alone. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and wouldn't trade having them around (most of the time), but the opportunity to spend one on one time with dh is precious!

A few plans for the rest of the week... unpacking, cleaning, decorating. Two Christmas parties this weekend : )

Here is a  picture for thought I am sharing...


This is a picture of Temple Square in Salt Lake City.
We didn't get to see it while we were there, so I thought
I'd share a picture!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.