Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

3 in 30 First Week

I'm not a fan of New Year's Resolutions. I avoided them like the plague, because my experience with them has been they are nothing but guilt inducers. When I happened upon 3 in 30, I liked the idea of setting goals a month at a time. It was easier to set small, manageable goals.


So my goals for January are:


*Exercise 3 times a week.


*Journal my food 5 days a week.


*Complete 3 (specific) sewing projects.


It's Friday of the first week and I have exercised twice and written my food down 4 days. Wednesday I went to Jo-Ann's to get the fabric I needed to complete one of the sewing projects, so even though I haven't actually sewn anything, I have started on that goal. 


I'm feeling pretty good about this! Hopefully I've set realistic and attainable goals, so that completing them will make me feel good and I can avoid that guilt thing all together!



6 comments:

  1. I don't do new years resolutions either. Complete waste of time if I did because that's just not how I work.

    I'm stopping by from 3in30. You are doing better than me already, which seems to be an emerging trend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I am stopping by from 3 in 30 and I wanted to say great job! Looks like you really starting to work on completing your goals. Stay positive and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stopping by from 3 in 30. Great job and good luck with next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!! Thanks for visiting my blog :) I am loving the 3in30 concept...and hope that I can keep it up! I have to admit that blogging about it does keep me (somewhat) accoountable! Keep on going!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've done a great job of setting some attainable goals! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hope you will share the sewing projects that you are working on. I'm a newbie to sewing but I love to see what others create. :)

    Great goals, you are going to do wonderful!

    (visiting from the 3 in 30 link up)

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.