Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- January 11, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it is snowy. We got over 3 inches on Sunday night and what little melted yesterday refroze into black ice over night.

I am thinking... that hibernating seems like a good idea on a day like this. I like the idea of sleeping until it gets warmer.

I am thankful for... my warm home; plenty of food to eat; warm clothes; a gas fire; and knowing my family is safe, warm and sound.

From the learning rooms... My son's school is the only school not going in late or completely closed. He is not amused.

From the kitchen... yesterday was a new recipe for Taco Soup. Tonight I think it will be Cranberry Chicken and steamed broccoli.

I am wearing... still in my robe and flannel jammies. It's yoga day, but I may have to take my father in law to the dentist this morning.

I am creating... lots of "beginnings". I keep starting projects and not being thrilled with them, so they get set aside while I start something else. Does anyone else have this problem?

I am going... to get a haircut today . . . I think. It all depends on the weather.

I am reading... The Girl Who Quit Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson.



I am hoping... for the "pretty" aspect of the snow to linger, but not the "problem" aspect.

I am hearing... little doggie paws and the furnace warming the house. That's about it, now that ds has taken his complaining and left for school.

Around the house... I see an end in sight to the bathroom renovation! The TOILET is back in the bathroom! Hallelujah! The contractor came last week to talk about the vanity and shelves. Dh got the beadboard up over the weekend. I see light at the end of the tunnel!

One of my favorite things... is doing nothing. I know right. There's so much I could be doing, but sometimes it is pleasant to sit by the fire and watch football, an old movie, or an old re-run, and just do nothing.

A few plans for the rest of the week... much depends on the weather, but small group for Beth Moore on Wednesday night, Precepts class on Thursday morning, date night on Friday, and maybe a welcome home/holiday party on Saturday.

Here is a  picture for thought I am sharing... 



This is the view from my sewing room door yesterday afternoon.
Over 3 inches of snow in less than 24 hours
(which is a lot for us!)


2 comments:

  1. I'm with you completely on your favorite things. That is certainly one of mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have A LOT of snow too!! Although it can be pretty I am ready for the pretty sunshine.

    I hope you are enjoying the Ninety Day Challenge!!

    I just finished typing the notes for this past week up on my blog and you can find them at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com/search/label/faith (its a LONG post so if you want to just skim over it and then comment thats fine) and comments for my latest readings can be posted at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com/2011/01/bible-in-ninety-days-week-1-genesis-29.html#comments for the past week's readings.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.