Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday Poetry -- Surprise


i said
if i told
my father would never speak to me.
my mother would have a nervous breakdown.
my oldest brothers would be exposed and get sick.
their perpetrator friends would deny -- and then laugh.
my sister would hate the chaos and gain weight --
all the while denying.
my youngest brothers would not understand --
but they really would
sexual abuse runs in families you know -- a filthy epidemic.
society would point their fingers.
i sure do have a lot of power.
the world sure does revolve around me.

well nothing much happened
the world continued to spin on its axis
everyone denied
and 
i
got
healthier.

Cecilia, an abuse survivor

1 comment:

  1. Coming over from Mama Kat's and got to looking through your archives...this really resonates with me. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.