Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- February 1, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it is gray, cloudy and rainy, just like last week. There is a recurring theme here. This is the 3rd week that this has been my opening line. Today we have a wind advisory as well!

I am thinking... that I'd like to get into a better (read more consistent) crafting routine.

I am thankful for... good medical care. I started having a backache and pain with deep breathing last week. I went to the doctor yesterday and was diagnosed with a viral infection that causes inflammation of the cartilage in my ribs! Weird, right? But they had medicine for it.

From the learning rooms... German II, a research paper on illegal drugs, and another test in Anatomy and Physiology.

From the kitchen... I barbecued a pork tenderloin on Sunday. Tonight I'm thinking salmon patties, broccoli cold slaw, and pintos.

I am wearing... yoga clothes for Restorative Yoga.

I am creating... a afghan/throw for the family. It's the first time I've tried crocheting with multiple strands of yarn at one time. We'll see how it goes!

I am going... to do Restorative Yoga and then off for a fun day!

I am reading... My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares.


I am hoping... that this inflammation doesn't last too long, as I am supposed to start working with a personal trainer this week.

I am hearing... silence. This happens very rarely in my house!

Around the house... a request has been made to put the ping-pong table back up in the bonus room. This will require some cleaning and organizing first.

One of my favorite things... soaking in my new bathtub. I'm developing a serious relationship with this plumbing device!

A few plans for the rest of the week... making some crafting plans, more housework (nothing new there -- LOL!), maybe another trip this weekend.

Here is a  picture for thought I am sharing... 



Here's that prayer shawl I was working on last week. 
It's available for sale on my Etsy.com store,
Lucy's Beads and Prayers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.