Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- February 15, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it is summer and cold. We are starting out in the 30's but a high of 60 is predicted. Another pre-spring day. Maybe that groundhog was right : )

I am thinking... that it's good to be getting some things done around the house. It's so much easier with the warmer weather we've had the past few days.

I am thankful for... the new friends we had dinner with on Sunday night.

From the learning rooms... ds stayed home sick yesterday. I hope it's not the flu! I'm waiting to see how he is this morning when he wakes up.

From the kitchen... I made a batch of Morning Glory Muffins this weekend. They've been a big snacking hit!

I am wearing... my red flannel robe, jammies and crocs. Do you sense a theme here?

I am creating... two shawls, a baby blanket, dishrag for my kitchen. I'm learning to read crochet patterns and I'm really enjoying it.

I am going... to keep writing. I've gotten some encouragement lately (thank you!) just when I needed it.

I am reading... A Fountain Filled with Blood by Julia Spencer-Fleming. It is the second book in the Rev. Clare Fergusson and Russ Van Alstyne Mystery series.


I am hoping... that everyone in my house feels better today. Our happy Valentine's Day was not so happy with all of us under the weather.

I am hearing... the news on the tv. Otherwise things are still quiet around here, as ds is sick and dd is working on getting out of bed.

Around the house... I'm beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel. The bonus room is coming back together, and dh has been working on designs for the vanity and storage shelves for the bathroom. He made the towel stand last week and stained it this weekend. Here's a picture prior to the staining.


One of my favorite things... is a good night's sleep. 

A few plans for the rest of the week... crafting today, working out with the trainer Wednesday, Bible study on Thursday, and hopefully another day at home on Friday to do some crafting.

1 comment:

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.