Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- February 8, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it is clear and cold with a light dusting of snow on the ground. And yes they are predicting more snow for tomorrow!

I am thinking... that this new personal trainer may do me in! I am not that sore (haven't seen her since Saturday) but I am still tired.

I am thankful for... good friends who feel comfortable asking for prayers. It is a blessing to carry other people's burdens along with them.

From the learning rooms... all the usual with lots of tests this week.

From the kitchen... I made a new recipe last night called Mexican Shepherds' Pie. It was quite tasty and will probably become a recurring menu item.

I am wearing... my red flannel pj pants, a pink tshirt, red flannel robe, gray socks and crocs. Yes, I am a fashionista.

I am creating... an afghan/throw for the family and a triangular scarf/shawl that I'm actually using a pattern for! I know, right!?!? And now a scarf/shawl for dd because she liked the the one I was working on for me.

I am going... to do Restorative Yoga and then the besties are coming to my house for beading and general craftiness.

I am reading... I've given up on My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares. I was getting bored with it, so I skipped ahead . . . (spoiler alert -- they don't get together!) Too much time and not enough pay off.
So now I'm reading New York Dead by Stuart Woods. It's the first in his Stone Barrington series. Pretty good so far, although a little dated.


I am hoping... we don't get hit with any more snow this week. They've been threatening more, but I hope they are wrong.

I am hearing... doggie toenails on the wooden floor, and ds getting ready for school.

Around the house... S - L - O - W progress on organizing. I'm just not motivated lately in the housekeeping department.

One of my favorite things... is how I feel after I've completed a workout with my new trainer. She works me hard. I dread going. I hate being there -- at least the weights/abs work. BUT -- I'm very proud of myself when I'm done : )

A few plans for the rest of the week... more crocheting, some beading, some writing, Bible studies, and lunch with dd.

Here is a  picture for thought I am sharing... 



Yes -- these are my glasses that I wear 24/7. 
I was cleaning them yesterday when they suddenly broke in half! 
Turns out they are 4 years old. 
So now I have an appointment with the eye doctor on Wednesday.
I'm stuck with my old ones for now.

3 comments:

  1. Funny- I made shepherd's pie this week for the first time in about 10 years. I'd love the mexican recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for recently stopping by and joining in the conversation! How nice to get to know you.

    We also woke to clear and cold with a slight dusting of snow on the ground. I'm good with just a dusting. :-)

    And friends asking for prayer, it is a blessing isn't it?!

    Your glasses breaking make me cringe. I am also a 24/7 glasses wearer and would be lost without mine. Glad that it sounds like you will be getting new ones soon.

    Again, thanks for stopping by! Feel free to come again and join in the conversation any time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Durability is the next factor to look out for with sunglasses.occhiali da sole marc by marc jacobs

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.