Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- March 1, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it is clear, sunny and cool. We started out at 35 degrees this morning and are headed up to 58! Only one of the many reasons March is my favorite month of the year. The harbinger of spring and my birthday!

I am thinking... about my work out from yesterday. I started with a personal trainer the first week of February. I still feel like the trainer isn't fully understanding me. Yesterday I went in and told her my back was hurting and she assured me the workout would not hurt it. Once I got home I was in a great deal of pain and virtually immobile for the evening. What to do?

I am thankful for... good news on my husband's work front. The ick is not over, but it does seem less threatening. Keep praying!

From the learning rooms... the research paper is turned in. The history project is turned in. The history paper is turned in. The quarter ends on Friday. Hallelujah!

From the kitchen... not much! Monday is grocery day. I didn't get to the grocery. Eggs and toast for dinner.

I am wearing... the usual. Tank top, flannel robe and blue crocs.

I am creating... not much since last week. We had a busy weekend, so I still haven't fringed my dd's shawl. That's next on the list!

I am going... to try and figure out the answer on this trainer situation. I'm just not sure what to do. I want to exercise and get in better shape, but I don't feel that she is listening to me. And it's really hard for me to confront people and I've had to do it 3 times already.

I am reading... too many books at once right now! Still have a bookmark in The Horse and His Boy. Started On Writing: A Memoir on the Craft the other night on a whim and it is wonderful! Then the library notified me I had TWO books available on the hold shelf, so I picked them up and started reading one of those -- Private Practices





I am hoping... my back quits hurting soon, so I can go about my usual routine.

I am hearing... quiet mostly, and dd getting ready to go to the YMCA.

Around the house... I worked on ironing yesterday. I really like ironing except when I let it pile up like it is right now. It feels like I'm moving a mountain one rock at a time! LOL!

One of my favorite things... is springtime. Cool mornings and warm afternoons. More sunlight and refreshing breezes. Daffodils and tulips.

A few plans for the rest of the week... crafting with the besties; Bible study; a shoppng trip with dd; and MY BIRTHDAY! (Yes I am still 5 years old at heart)

Here's a picture for thought I'm sharing...

This is one of ds's friends in the hat I helped him make!

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about your back hurting and your trainer not listening! I hope you can get something figured out.

    I, too, am so looking forward to spring!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.