Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- April 12th

FOR TODAY
Outside my window . .  . it is gray and cloudy in the mid-50's.

I am thinking . . . about organizing. The besties are coming here today. I've emptied 2 file cabinets to re-organize and then I want to redo the bonus room closet. Hope we can get it all done!

I am thankful for . . . a change in my mood. I was beginning to think I'd be stuck in that funk forever!

From the learning rooms . . . finishing up German II. Only 30 more days of school!?!

From the kitchen . . . tonight it's Grilled Pork Cutlets, Mexican Pasta Salad and steamed asparagus.

I am wearing . . . my pink tshirt gown, summer weight robe and blue fake crocs.

I am creating . . .  a silly little crocheted hat from Cloudy Crochet. Mine is green and white variegated. Dh and dd think I should be listening to reggae and have my hair in dreadlocks if I'm going to wear it!

I am going . . . to stay home today! However there is a book on hold for me at the library.

I am reading . . . nothing that is grabbing me! I've actually got 4 books going right now and none of them is as engaging as I need them to be in my current mood.

I am hoping . . . to get the organizing finished in the closet and file cabinets today. Dh would like the ping-pong table back!

I am hearing . . . birdies chirping and my little miss Yaya begging to be let out of her crate. I'm postponing letting her out because she can't have breakfast this morning as she's off to get her teeth cleaned.

Around the house . . . the laundry is almost caught up. Next it's the ironing.

One of my favorite things . . . being in a better mood!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . besties today, therapy tomorrow, Bible study on Thursday, and film noir class on Friday. Not sure what we're watching -- Sunset Blvd. or Gun Crazy

Here's a picture for thought I'm sharing . . .

Here's the original version of the hat. Maybe I'll
let you see mine when I finish it.
Then again, maybe not!

2 comments:

  1. I love that hat! Awesome for keeping the sun off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the hat is going to be lovely! Thanks for coming by and posting. The welcome mat is out anytime!!

    Blessings,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.