Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- April 19th

FOR TODAY
Outside my window . .  . it is cloudy and breezy. More rain is predicted for today.

I am thinking . . . about the long lasting effects of abuse. I have made so much progress is coming to grips with my childhood abuse, and yet there always seems to be another reminder. God is good and has provided many people to help me on this path.

I am thankful for . . . for a good night's rest and the promise of productivity for today.

From the learning rooms . . . German II is history! It is complete and finished before the official end of the year! Yeah! About 23 more days of school : )

From the kitchen . . . Cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Fresh Tomato, Ham and Corn Chowder and homemade bread for dinner.

I am wearing . . . yoga pants, tank top, blue chambray shirt and my Yellow Box flip flops. I know, right? Ds's gf commented when she came in this morning, as she is used to seeing me in my robe!

I am creating . . . I gave up on the hat, at least temporarily. I need to get a different type of yarn. Now I am attempting my first amigurumiWe shall see.

I am going . . . nowhere today if I can help it. The besties are coming to finish up the bonus room closet. I am going to owe them big time after this!

I am reading . . . To Darkness into Death by Julia Spencer-Fleming.

I am hoping . . . to finish the ironing today! I have been working on it off and on for a week. Thank goodness for Netflix and Law & Order: Criminal Intent episodes.

I am hearing . . . my doggies asking for breakfast, and ds and his gf getting ready to head out to school.

Around the house . . . mess and chaos. How does this keep happening!

One of my favorite things . . . having a menu list to work from for the week. I would be a basket case if I didn't know what was for dinner most nights!
Here's this week's list:
Fiesta Chicken Roll-Ups, sliced mango, chips and salsa

Simmered Tuscan Chicken, fresh bread

Shrimp and Sausage Skewers with brown rice, Tomatoes and Zucchini

Fresh Tomato, Ham and Corn Chowder, fresh bread

Mexican Shepherd's Pie and fruit salad

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . it's gonna be a busy one! Besties today. Therapy tomorrow. Precepts on Thursday morning, and our church is hosting a seder Thursday night. Friday is film noir class. Whew! Wears me out just looking at it.

Here's a picture for thought I'm sharing . . .

The purple iris is the state flower of Tennessee. 
Mine started blooming yesterday!

4 comments:

  1. Your menu for the week looks fabulous! I'm always envious of people who manage to plan out the whole week of meals like that. I'm feeling successful if I've planned 2 days ahead... actually feeling pretty good if I've even planned 8 hours ahead! :) Thanks for your comment on my daybook post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog today. I thought I would stop by and say hi back!! The Auel book is going well so far, but I'm already getting confused with all the names. I did that with the last one and like you got a bit bogged down with it. I'm just interested in how Ayla finishes up so we'll see how it goes.

    I thought you might like to know that I crochet arugurumi (sp?) animals too and absolutely love them. Once you get used to working in spirals rather than rounds it's fantastically easy. I use a pin to mark where the start of my "rows" are, which makes it easy when counting up. I'm working on a "super monkey" for my 12yr old son (like a regular monkey, but with a cape...don't ask!). Good luck with yours, I'm sure you'll find it fulfilling :)

    Blessings to you this Holy Week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Your menu is impressive!

    I think I need an audio book or movie to inspire me to tackle the growing rack of clothes needing ironing :-\

    And lovely irises! I am looking forward to accomplishing some much-needed landscaping this year =)

    Thanks for the visit! Someday we should compare childhood nicknames ~ my older sister was very creative ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous GORGEOUS irises! Wow! My garden is still pretty sad, but I'm hoping to have some success this year. We're moving in a few weeks and the owners have taken great care to cultivate the soil in their backyward. Irises would make a nice edition I think :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.