Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- April 5th

FOR TODAY
Outside my window . .  . it is sunny and cool. Thankfully a complete turn around from yesterday. Heavy rains, wind gusts up to 80 miles an hour, and LOTS of severe weather/tornado warnings. 

I am thinking . . . that I forget how dependent we are on electricity. Ten hours without electricity is an excellent reminder!

I am thankful for . . . safety for my family. Dd was driving home from school when the 80 mph gusts came through. I prayed her home and have never been so happy to see her!

From the learning rooms . . . we are already counting down the days until summer vacation -- 37 days!

From the kitchen . . . well, it was pizza last night what with the power outage and all. Tonight I'm thinking meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans.

I am wearing . . . knit pj's and my summer weight robe.

I am creating . . . a shawl for KFH's mother. 

I am going . . . to my 3rd film noir class on Friday afternoon. We'll be watching Out of the Past. I've never seen this one before, but with Robert Mitchum it has to be good!

I am reading . . . The Pig Did It by Joseph Caldwell.

I am hoping . . . to catch up on the laundry (yesterday's plan) and get some general straightening done + make a list of long term plans for spring cleaning.

I am hearing . . . lots of noise -- the tv, the printer, the washer, the dryer and the dishwasher. Using that electricity this morning!

Around the house . . . the vanity is in and functional! Beyond all that it is BEAUTIFUL!

One of my favorite things . . . getting things organized, but for some reason I've had trouble getting focused and staying focused on organization tasks!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . HOUSEWORK; LAUNDRY; Bible study; film class.

Here's a picture for thought I'm sharing . . .



Oh yes, my dh designed and built this for me!
It's wonderful and I'm so happy HE built it.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your vanity!! Beautiful color! Happy Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful vanity! Enjoy your day - and your electricity!!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.