Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thankful Thursday -- May 5, 2011

It's 39 degrees here this morning. May 5th -- The National Day of Prayer, Cinco de Mayo -- 39 degrees!?! Ah well, so I am thankful this morning for a warm house!


Ds has been sick all week. Coughing and congested, and generally feeling awful. We went to the doctor on Tuesday and they gave him medicine, so hopefully he is on the mend. So I am thankful for doctors and medicine and the money to pay for it all.


Dd had exams this week. She took her last one yesterday. She did pretty well she thinks. So I am thankful for that.


I had therapy yesterday, and it was a really rough day. As dh said, I'm peeling back more layers, so "yeah" and "ouch". But I am thankful to have some one to talk with, listen and offer advice; someone who reminds me of my value as a child of God.


Finally I am grateful to live in a place where I can acknowledge my God publicly everyday, not just on a single day set aside for it.


Blessings.


See more Thankful Thursday posts at Women Taking a Stand.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie, ooh 39 degrees, I would be thankful for a warm house too. Such a wonderful list of of "gratitudes".

    Thanks for sharing.

    Hope you have a lovely rest of the week.
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was 98 here yesterday in Southern California and headed up0 there today!
    So encouragingto read your thankfulness in the midst of illness.
    May God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our weather has been crazy here in Texas. Near 90 last Sunday, but it didn't get out of the 50's on Tuesday.

    I love what you said about being able to acknowledge God daily. That is a true blessing we have.

    Thanks for visiting Reflections.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly great blessings! Hope your son feels better right quick.

    We were a little warmer today up on the Canadian prairies, but we had a BLIZZARD and 4" of snow just five days ago, so I understand where you're comin' from!! (That did NOT feel like a blessing!) Snow does NOT belong in MAY!! But I was thankful that it was gone within two days.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.