Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- June 21, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window . . .it is a mix of sun and clouds. Ds has been working on my front flower bed for me. I am not a gardener, but I want lovely flower beds!

I am thinking . . .that I'm not getting much time for myself this summer. My kids are 21 and nearly 18, but this summer they are around a lot! It is a mixed blessing. 

I am thankful for . . .rest. I have not been sleeping well lately, so last night I bit the bullet and took something to help me sleep. Slept better, but now I'm groggy.

From the learning rooms . . .ds finished his first book for the summer; his first essay for the summer; and is starting Lord of the Flies this morning.

From the kitchen . . .lots of vegetables, pasta and rice of late. Tomorrow we're having company: grilled pork tenderloin, strawberry spinach salad, rice jardin, and Lime Fluff Pie for dessert. 

I am wearing . . . cotton pj pants and a blue tank top.

I am creating . . .my quilt. I gave up quickly on lap quilting! I do not have the patience for that. So I am going to quilt it on my sewing machine just doing basic straight stitching around each of the pieces in the layout.  

I am going . . .to play with my bff, LBB today! I haven't seen her since the kids got out of school. We NEED a day together!  

I am reading . . . still working on Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Also reading I, Coriander by Sally Gardner. It is a young adult novel that has been very intriguing. 

I am hoping . . .to get some fun activities in today.  

I am hearing . . .ds reading Lord of the Flies, and the dogs barking for breakfast. 

Around the house . . .the same as always. The old saying about housework never being done is SOOOO true. 

One of my favorite things . . .is good books to read. Sometimes I think if only I could stay awake, I would read 24/7. 

A few plans for the rest of the week . . .fun time with LBB, dinner with friends tomorrow night, checking out a new volunteer opportunity, and as always, reading, swimming and sunning.

Here's a picture for thought I'm sharing . . .

 Ds feeding the alpacas at Eastland Alpacas in Mount Joy, PA.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday! I have only read one other Elizabeth George book, but am really enjoying this new one! :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...hope you're sleeping better!
    quilting..wow..that's awesome..can't wait to see a pic of the finished project!
    great shot of your son and the alpacas..they're such interesting animals.
    awesome journaling chickie

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.