Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- June 28, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window. . . it is cloudy and very wet. We had heavy thunderstorms roll through in the wee hours of the morning. It looks as if the storms are over and the clouds will dissipate as the day progresses. 

I am thinking. . . that every family is different, but sometimes it would be nice to have an instruction manual! 

I am thankful. . . for the ability to read. I know it seems odd perhaps, but I find such pleasure and absorb so much knowledge from reading. My life would not be complete with books, magazines, blogs and such!

From the learning rooms. . . ds is reading Lord of the Flies. Golding is much more descriptive than I remembered, and some of the dialog is dated with British colloquialisms. But we are forging a head.

In the kitchen. . . lots of summer fruits and veggies! Tonight grilled chicken sausage, succotash, and tomato, cucumber and basil salad. I'll be baking banana bread later today as well since I have some over ripe bananas.

I am wearing
. . . my lavender yoga pants and a painted floral and bird t-shirt from Old Navy along with my Yellow Box flip flops.


I am creating. . . a new pink and brown skinny scarf. I'm not sure what the plan for it is, but I felt compelled to do more crocheting and wanted to start something new and lightweight.

I am going. . . to do some yoga; laundry; work on my quilt; pay bills; and try to make two phone calls I've been putting off!

I am wondering. . . how, as a mother, I can be so certain about some things, and entirely clueless about others!

I am reading. . . not much! Still working on The Life of Pi and Remote Control. I just haven't had much quiet time to relax and read.

I am hoping. . . for the general mood to improve around the house. One person in a bad mood can really cloud the atmosphere!

I am looking forward to. . . the holiday weekend coming up. We have no specific plans, but dh has Monday off work so it's a long weekend : )

I am hearing. . . nothing -- and it lovely! We are having a no TV week, so currently the house is quiet except for doggie paws and the occasional comment from dd.

Around the house. . . I am feeling the need to rearrange! It makes everything seem so much fresher and REAL cleaning takes place when you move furniture! LOL!

I am pondering. . . my role as a mother as my children reach adulthood. One child is 21 and the other will be 18 soon. Things are different, but at times very much the same.

One of my favorite things. . . is my dog Yaya. She is cuddle baby! Not really a lap dog, she prefers to be right next to me when I sit on the couch -- so close that she is almost UNDER me. Such a sweetie!

A few plans for the rest of the week: dinner guests on Wednesday and Thursday; another trip to the pool on Friday if the weather permits. Suddenly it will July! How did that happen!?!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing. . .


My sweet baby Yaya! We adopted her in 2008.




for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook  


1 comment:

  1. Your puppy is very cute! It looks like the one that sat in my lap this morning while I got my hi-lights (Ella belongs to my stylist.) It IS hard to be the momma of young adults-especially when they live in a different town!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.