Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- June 6, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window . . . it is sunny and hot. The cicadas are fading and that is a real blessing!

I am thinking . . . about dreams. I had a couple of doozies last night! One about a vampire (?) and the recurring high school dream that included not having gone to a class for most of the year and showing up only partially dressed. Ugh!

I am thankful for . . . the blessing of still being a stay at home mom after 25 years of marriage. My kids are practically grown, but I am so happy to still be "here" for them when they need or want me.

From the learning rooms . . . School's out! Ds is doing some summer reading, and advance work for a couple of AP classes he'll be taking in the fall.

From the kitchen . . . last night was grilled trout fillets, sauteed shrimp, steamed green beans, and rosemary olive oil bread. Tonight's grilled burgers!

I am wearing . . . black yoga capris, a grey t-shirt, and my Yellow Box flip flops.

I am creating . . . dreams!

I am going . . . to Restorative Yoga and hopefully nowhere else today!

I am reading . . . Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I like it pretty well, but find I need a pen to read it! Not good for bedtime reading, so I'm also reading Harm's Way  by Stephen White.

I am hoping . . . to get some kind of summer schedule established by the end of the week.

I am hearing . . . dd chatting. I think she wakes up talking!

Around the house . . . we are recovering from vacation! I worked on putting stuff away and washing clothes yesterday.

One of my favorite things . . . fabric! We went to Zook's Fabric Store in Intercourse, PA and I bought a few goodies.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . scheduling, swimming, sunning, and reading.

Here's a picture for thought I'm sharing . . .

Fat quarters from Zook's!

1 comment:

  1. HI...Visiting from Simple Woman...Your kitchen must smell heavenly from that Rosemary olive bread! I love your picture of the fabric (but in truth, would have no idea what to do with them.) :) I want to learn to sew or quilt or crochet...and just haven't taken the time for myself to do it yet. Maybe I will this summer? Thanks for letting me dream a little. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.