Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Musings

over the weekend Alan and I went to The Inn at Evins Mill for an anniversary getaway. it's always nice to go somewhere new, and I highly recommend The Inn if you are anywhere nearby.


the best things about a getaway with Alan though, is the chance to talk without interruptions and to just "be" quietly together -- to remember why we chose each other. 


relationship is all about communication. all too often the longer we are married, the less time we spend in actual communication. it's all well and good to say, "we know each other so well, we don't need to talk", but I don't believe that for a minute.


the same thing is true in my relationship with God. if I don't spend time talking to Him, i.e., studying His word and praying (talking) to Him, I lose sight of who He truly is. I impose my own fears, beliefs, and negative thoughts onto Him and they were never His to begin with. that's just satan trying to fool me.


make time today to communicate with the people most important to you -- God, your spouse, you kids -- whoever. even if it's just 5 or 10 minutes. it can make all the difference in the world.


blessings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.