Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Feel Good Friday -- Car Lust


this week I helped my father in law with his car.
he's been pretty sick this summer,
which is very unusual. he's 78 and up
until lately has been healthy as the 
proverbial horse.
he lives on his own and is a college professor
and real estate appraiser.
he has a personal trainer.
he is possibly the smartest person I know.

ten years ago, he bought this:
it is his baby.
as a reward he occasionally lets family
members drive it.
it currently has 3421 miles on it.
yes, you read that right.
three thousand four hundred twenty one miles.

I took it to the car dealer last week for him
to get the oil changed, and to have
them check on a sticky trunk latch.
there is nothing quite like driving a 
little black convertible sports car!
I am a different person when I get
to drive this car.
I am cool!

Tuesday I picked it up from the shop, and yesterday 
I took it in for it's annual run through the
emissions testing center.
on my way there, a little 70 year old
lady rolled her window down and said with 
clear adoration, "beautiful car!"
the guy at the testing center asked if
I'd be back later to pick him up, and 
no he wasn't hitting on me!
it's ALL about the car.

this weekend we have to wash the car and 
return it.
is there any nice way to ask, beg, plead for my
father in law to leave that car to me in his will?

catch up with more "Feel Good Friday" at lia sophia tomgirl

2 comments:

  1. That car is SO cool. And at first I thought you meant you were fixing it yourself and I was so impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.