Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . September 13, 2011

Outside my window . . . 
it’s feeling more like summer than fall. It is sunny and the high is supposed to be close to 90 degrees. The bigger issue for me is the pollen count – grass and weeds are at very high levels right now. 

I am thinking 
. . . ds is struggling with English. He has a brand new, fresh out of college teacher – not a great situation for his senior year.


I am thankful . . . for a good night's sleep and a cleaner kitchen. I spent some time doing extra in the kitchen last night and it looks much better.

From the learning rooms . . . ds has a brand-new, straight out of college English teacher -- not the best situation for senior year.

In the kitchen . . . 
last night was just soup and grilled cheese. I’m just not feeling the cooking mojo lately.
I am wearing . . . gray yoga pants and new yellow tank top.

I am creating . . . a new baby blanket for a friend who’s having a baby this fall.

I am going . . . to take care of sweet Micah while his mommy packs for their upcoming move. He is 6 months old and such a sweetie. Aren’t they all at that age!


I am wondering . . .  about this quote:
I know God
won’t give me
anything I can’t handle.
I just wish He didn’t
trust me so much.
Mother Teresa
I am reading . . . The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister


I am hoping . . . to have some time/energy to get some housework done this week. Things are looking a tad on the neglected side.

I am looking forward to . . . a long talk tomorrow about some difficult things.

I am hearing . . . birds chirping and traffic in the distance, followed by the occasional doggie footsteps.

Around the house . . . that bonus room is still haunting me! I've got to get it cleaned up. The probably is none of the extraneous stuff piled around is mine!
I am pondering . . . the struggles of life. That sounds very deep, but I fear it may just be my own self centeredness and inadequacies.

One of my favorite things . . . is tea in the morning. Today it is Cranberry Blood Orange with orange infused raw sugar and dollop of milk.

A few plans for the rest of the week 
. . . dog sitting. Yes, because what we need is another dog! His name is Sarge and he's part labrador and part Great Pyrenees. Should be interesting with the my "little" doggies, to say the least!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing
. . . 

dh found this picture somewhere
and sent it to me because he
knows I love sunflowers.
it makes me smile.
I hope it makes you smile too!


1 comment:

  1. Great quote & the sunflower picture did make me smile. I have not heard of The School Of Essential Ingrediants. I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.