Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . October 25, 2011

Outside my window . . . the sun is just coming up. It is clear and 42 degrees F. We may get up to 80 degrees today -- probably one of our last days to be that warm this year.

I am thinking . . . that antibiotics can be good, but I don't think I body appreciates them. I am always so tired when I take them. Thankfully my final dose was last night.

I am thankful . . . for an understanding husband!

From the learning rooms . . . we just finished fall break, so I expect the work will begin to pile up again.

In the kitchen . . . last night was bacon and cheese quiche. Ds and gf made red velvet cupcakes!

I am wearing . . . black yoga pants and a run for Mercy t-shirt.

I am creating . . . another Christmas present scarf and looking through patterns and yarn for the next project.

I am going . . . . to yoga and The Fresh Market, and then I hope to come home and get some stuff done around here.


I am wondering . . . if I'll ever catch up in my Bible study!

I am reading . . . 
One Was a Soldier (Rev. Clare Fergusson and Russ Van Alstyne Mystery #7) by Julia Spencer-Fleming


I am hoping . . . to break this cycle of fatigue and depression I have been dealing with lately. I'm not sure what's going on, but I hope most of it is related to infections and antibiotics!

I am looking forward to . . . talking with my therapist tomorrow about the depression and fatigue.


I am hearing . . . quiet, interspersed with dogs and electronics.

Around the house . . . the bonus room is beginning to improve as dh gets closer to completing the work on the condo.

I am pondering . . . .
 how I've let clutter and disorder become the norm around here for several months (at least). When I first married I was fairly neurotic about cleaning and picking up (and I had no children!). Over the years my neurosis has eased, but perhaps the pendulum has swung too far! Then again I'm not the only adult who lives in the house -- 3 others live here (and create mess) with me.

One of my favorite things . . . 
is a neat and orderly house. I don't want "House Beautiful", but I would like a place for everything and everything in its place.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . 
some writing, studying Daniel, talking with my therapist, striking some order (?), and whatever else pops up. Oh yeah, and seeing Wicked with dd on Sunday : )

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

my pretty autumn table



1 comment:

  1. I love how you've decorated your table - those lilies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.