Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today we find out intrepid homemaker on the mend from yet another indelicate infection. 

If it seems I've talked about infections/antibiotics frequently over the past few months . . . well, it's because I have. While I'm still not positive what is going on, I have made some decisions and choices that I hope will impact a change for the better.

Being repeatedly or chronically ill really makes days like Thankful Thursday so meaningful. It's so easy to fall into the routine of "rut gratitude" -- Thank you for my house, my family, my car, my money, etc. Oh and thanks for giving Your Son to save me from my puny self. Not that I'm not grateful for all those things, but my attitude needs an adjustment!

I don't know if God "causes" illness or disasters or tragedies, but I do know that He can take anything and turn it to something good. This latest bout of illness had left me swirling back into a depressive state; regressing into the belief that no one could be trusted and they (i.e., my family in particular) were angry with me for being ill. It made perfect sense to me, but that's another legacy of abuse -- trying to read minds while assuming the worst. It turns out, they're not mad at me. They are sorry I feel so rotten and they wish the doctors would figure out what is going on, but mostly they miss me -- happy mom/wife who wants to cook and bake and make things nice, yes, but also fun mom/wife who laughs and wants to go and do things. My dd said she missed her "fun buddy". 

So for today, I'm thankful for:
 -- feeling better physically
 -- realizations about truth
 -- a family that's not judgmental, but loves me and wants the best for me
and for a God who loves ME so much that He sent His one and only Son to suffer and die, because God wants ME to be with Him!


may you find grace, peace, gratitude, 

and blessings this day and every day


to link up go to Women Taking a Stand

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for that wonderful reminder. I do hope that you are feeling better soon. I'm stopping into visit you from the Thankful Thursday link-up. :D

    I'm having computer issues this morning, but I'm still thankful for my computer! This is now the fourth time I'm typing this comment, and I really hope it goes through!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.