Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . December 6, 2011

Outside my window . . . it is cloudy and rainy. Again. It's a recurring theme around here. We are supposed to get some sun tomorrow. Here's hoping!

I am thinking . . . about my upcoming trip with dh. We are headed to Cozumel for some more scuba diving.

I am thankful . . . for friends who check on me. I had a rough weekend with the most recent flashback, the holidays, and a very good, but difficult message at church on Sunday. This morning a friend called just to see how I was. Very sweet!


From the learning rooms . . . still more wrestling than studying going on from all appearances.


In the kitchen . . . last night was pot roast, zucchini/squash souffle and hot rolls. Tonight is looking like salmon and shrimp with broccoli and carrots.

I am wearing . . . my red flannel robe and slippers.

I am creating . . . I completed the Attic 24 bag here. Now I'm back on the Coming Home poncho in Sensations Rainbow Classic berry.


I am going . . . . to yoga class, the bank and then home to finish decorating and doing some housework.

I am wondering . . . about the latest memories of abuse that have surfaced. There is a part of me (albeit, small) that wishes I knew more about what drove the abusers to make the choices they made. Something best not dwelt upon.

I am reading . . . not much of late. My concentration is off probably from the recent stress. Life of Pi is still coming and going, and I started The Whole Five Feet by Christopher R. Beha.

I am hoping . . . to get to yoga class today. I've been struggling with exercise lately. Why is that when I know how much better I feel when I exercise regularly?

I am looking forward to . . . doing some baking. I think I will try to get a batch of pumpkin bread and cranberry orange bread made this week and stored in the freezer. I want to make mincemeat cookies when I get back from the trip.

I am hearing . . . nothing but the hum of electronics and my fingers on the computer keyboard.

Around the house . . . "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!"


I am pondering . . . . what God wants me to do with my story.

One of my favorite things . . . is turning on the Christmas tree lights first thing in the morning. It's a truly lovely way to start the day, especially on dreary mornings.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a couple of appointments on Wednesday, finishing the Christmas decorating, maybe some baking, and packing for the trip.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

image from Pinterest



2 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear what you think of The Life of Pi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing the Daybook tour this morning, and so far we've all had cloudy days. Guess it's that time of year.

    Cozumel? Wow. Sounds great. I went there 4 years ago with my daughter on a Jr./Sr. cruise.

    Praying for you to have a better week and to know what to do with your story. I'm sure God has plans for your good and His glory.

    I love turning on our Christmas tree lights too. Such a beautiful time of year.

    Thanks for sharing your Daybook.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.