Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . December 27, 2011

Outside my window . . . it is gray and cloudy. It makes me think of the James Taylor song -- Another Grey Morning.

I am thinking . . . about the onset of winter. In our neck of the woods, real winter doesn't start, usually, until January. Unfortunately that means lots of grey days. On the other hand it also means lots of tea and homemade soups and stews.

I am thankful . . . for a pleasant Christmas spent with family. Everyone is healthy and safe, so there is nothing more to wish for.

From the learning rooms . . . Christmas Break!

In the kitchen . . . a return to normalcy. Holiday foods are nice -- once a year, but now my body is craving vegetables, soups, stews, and good hearty bread.

I am wearing . . . black yoga pants and my run for TFS long sleeved t-shirt.

I am creating . . . I got 2 new crochet hooks. A rosewood and a birch. They are both lovely. The birch has carving on the end, but it seems to be impacting the balance when I try to work with it.


I am going . . . . to continue eating healthy foods and getting regular exercise. I find that I feel so much better when I put an emphasis on these things.

I am wondering . . . about writing. I want to learn more about the process. I have a story to tell, but I can't decide if I should try and adapt it to fiction.

I am reading . . . My Name is Mary Sutter by 

I am hoping . . . to do yoga. Then home for laundry, a grocery/menu list, and then I'm meeting my aunt for lunch.

I am looking forward to . . . getting back to crocheting and beading and this year I am determined to finish my quilt!

I am hearing . . . humming electronics, Yaya whining to be let out, and ds getting ready for wrestling practice.

Around the house . . . the de-Christmasing needs to start soon. It's a mixed bag. I'll be happy to have my house back to normal, but I don't enjoy the process of taking it down and packing it all away for next year.

I am pondering . . . . the essence of "family". Why do we put so much emphasis on blood relations? Is that just an "accident" of birth, or is there a greater meaning to be discerned from it all?

One of my favorite things . . . is spending time with my dh. He's had several days off and it was lovely just having him around the house. Last night we went out to see Hugo. It was quite lovely in a melancholy, slow sort of way.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . returning to normalcy. I like normalcy. I may have mentioned that once or twice before. LOL.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

my father-in-law enjoying the grandkids!




1 comment:

  1. Love your pondering on Family. I sometimes wonder why so many confine family to blood relations- I especially started thinking about this after I adopted my daughter. Lately I have felt closer to my friends than my family and I wonder if that is normal.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.