Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook #2



FOR TODAY . . . January 10, 2012

Outside my window . . . the sun is just rising. The sky is streaked with pink in the east. Weather.com says it's mostly cloudy and 41 degrees, but here at my house I'm seeing clear skies as the morning dawns. Perhaps that is a good omen!

I am thinking . . . about getting my brain back into focus. Between the holidays and some difficult abuse issues, I'm just not as focused as I'd like/need to be.

I am thankful . . . for a loving dh, good friends, caring children.

From the learning rooms . . . ds has started trigonometry and likes it much better than college algebra. Dd started classes yesterday.

In the kitchen . . . last night was Mexican Shepherd's Pie. Tonight I think we will be having a new recipe called Creamy Sausage and Tomato Pasta. I'll let you know how it goes.

I am wearing . . . yoga pants, my Cozumel t-shirt, and an Old Navy sweatshirt.

I am creating . . . not much right now. I'm having trouble concentrating, but I've ordered some yarn. I'm hoping for motivation from the new colors!


I am going . . . . to Restorative Yoga and then grocery shopping.

I am wondering . . . about the nature of evil. 

I am reading . . . When God Was a Woman by Merlin Stone. I can't remember where I heard about this one, but it looks like an interesting read.


I am hoping . . . to feel less anxiety today. Saturday at the end of my yoga class, I got upset about some abuse issues, and I am having trouble getting centered and focused again. 

I am looking forward to . . . our annual Christmas party this Saturday night. Since high school this same bunch of people have been getting together. We meet after the holidays now because one of our group works out of town through the holidays. It's always lots of fun with lots of yummy food.

I am hearing . . . doggie toenails clicking on the floor, and keys clicking on my computer.

Around the house . . . all the Christmas decor is stored for next year. Now I need to do some winter decorating.
.
I am pondering . . . . memory and how it works. Generally when I begin to remember episodes from my past I am overcome with frustration at not being able to remember every specific detail. I fear inaccuracy almost more than the memories themselves.

One of my favorite things . . . monkeys. I collect monkeys, preferably stuffed toys. For Christmas I got a Monchichi doll.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . yoga, grocery shopping, a little baking, and the party on Saturday.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

Dh snapped this the other day out our front window

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.