Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . January 3, 2012

Outside my window . . . it is cold! We are in the mid-20's with some wind. Yesterday we had 20-30 mph winds from the north! BRRRR! At least the sun is shining which makes everything better.

I am thinking . . . about what a good holiday season we have had. Many blessings, few problems, and overall less stress.

I am thankful . . . that we all made it through the holidays with no serious illnesses or injuries. Dd has had a cold. Ds hurt is knee during wrestling (not seriously). Dh has the sniffles. And I apparently brought a case of cellulitis back from Cozumel with me. But we all seem to be on the mend.

From the learning rooms . . . this is the last day before classes start again for ds. Dd doesn't go back until the 9th. I am secretly looking forward to getting everyone back to their designated locations!

In the kitchen . . . we've had ham and cheese soup, white beans and ham, chili, pasta with veggies and chicken sausage. Are you sensing a theme here?

I am wearing . . . nothing at all. Not really! I just thought I see if you were paying attention. LOL!

I am creating . . . too many projects right now. I need to get settled on one to finish. I've got a poncho, a hat, an afghan, a lacy shawl, and a bag all in process right now. Not to mention the ever present quilt. Which to focus on?


I am going . . . . to the grocery this afternoon for the first trip of the new year. Dh and I have revamped our budget, so this could be interesting.

I am wondering . . . what this year will bring. My hope is that it will bring more peace, more compassion, more joy and more love.

I am reading . . . Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs. I'm not wild about the title, but the premise seems pretty cute. "A modern girl's comedic odyssey in a school filled with the descendants of Greek gods."



I am hoping . . . to find more time for writing this year. That idea of a book is sounding less and less ridiculous to me.

I am looking forward to . . . getting back to our version of normalcy. I don't have a rigid routine, but I do like some routine.

I am hearing . . . the windchime as it is blown about by the winds this morning.

Around the house . . . boxes of Christmas decor are waiting to be put away. I'll be happy to have the house back to normal chaos rather than festive chaos.

I am pondering . . . . the shifting relationships of life. I recently reconnected with an aunt from whom I had been somewhat estranged. I was reminded once again that what I think someone else is feeling or thinking is not necessarily an accurate test. I was also reminded that people can change their perspectives.

One of my favorite things . . . is my new Kindle Fire. I have resisted the e-readers until now. I really like the versatility of the Fire and the fact that I can now "borrow" books from Amazon and my local library. I'm just not keen on the idea of paying for a virtual book.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . back to school, back to Bible study (still on Daniel), back to regular workouts at the Y.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

Dh bought me flowers after he took me to the doctor!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.