Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . January 24, 2012

Outside my window . . . sunny with clear, blue skies! It's quite lovely. Brisk 37 degrees (F).

I am thinking . . . a quote I recently saw: The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn.

I am thankful . . . for getting through some tough stuff this weekend.

From the learning rooms . . . ds is home with the crud. I'm going to encourage him to write a paper and do some reading today.

In the kitchen . . . catch as catch can. I came down with the crud myself yesterday, so it was every man (woman) for himself.

I am wearing . . . still in my nightie and flannel robe. Taking it easy this morning to see how the stomach is going to do.

I am creating . . . well I finished the hat, but I'm not happy with it. I started a gender neutral baby blanket, but I really want to do some little projects, like bright round coasters or these tin covers (minus the beads) from Attic 24.



I am going . . . . to finish up the laundry, change the sheets and maybe do some ironing today.

I am wondering . . . how one determines what to do in service to others.

I am reading . . . Murder in the Marais (Aimee Leduc Investigations #1) 
by Cara Black on my new Kindle Fire.
I am hoping . . . to get some writing done today. I have a post I'm working on, but I haven't hit my stride on it yet.

I am looking forward to . . . getting the dogs back into their normal spots. We had to rearrange a little to accommodate their stitches and recovery. Stitches were removed this morning, so I think we can return to normal.

I am hearing . . . nothing and it is quite lovely!


Around the house . . . some organizing has begun. I'm considering redoing the shelves in my "office". I seem to be inspired to do this each January.

I am pondering . . . . the length of time it takes to process and move forward with certain things. And my need to be absolutely positive that I am making the "right" decision!

One of my favorite things . . . is "The Mentalist". Is that incredibly shallow of me? Ds and I had a marathon yesterday since we were both sick. It was really lots of fun.



A few plans for the rest of the week . . . yoga, therapy, Bible study, housekeeping, crochet, reading -- all the usual suspects!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

ds and gf heading out to Homecomin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.