Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . February 21, 2012

Outside my window . . . it is clear and sunny after some rain the night. We may get into the 60's today.


I am thinking . . . that my concentration has been off. I'm feeling a bit scattered. Yesterday was better. I am hoping that trend continues.


I am thankful . . . for my son. Last Friday was Senior Skip Day. He sat in my office/craft room and talked with me for nearly 3 hours! It was lovely and amazing. I thought a couple of times that I should get things done, but nothing seemed as important as that opportunity for just the 2 of us to talk.

In the kitchen . . . last night I tried a new recipe. It must have been a hit since I don't have any leftovers! You can find the recipe here.

I am wearing . . . still in my flannel robe and slippers. 

I am creating . . . a baby blanket for a neighbor. I don't if it's a boy or girl, so I'm using 4 different pastels in Caron Simply Soft.



I am going . . . . to my bf's house to help her for a change : )

I am wondering . . . about teenage boys. They eat huge quantities of unhealthy foods and still lose weight! Totally unfair!


I am reading . . . Morgue Drawer Four by Jutta Profijt.
I am hoping . . . to actually get to yoga class today. I've missed the past 3 weeks. I really hope I get there today.

I am looking forward to . . . Bible study on Thursday. We are wrapping up The Book of Daniel and will start Ezra/Nehemiah the following week.

I am hearing . . . my dd commenting on life. She is an inveterate talker!


Around the house . . . I'm trying to put together a cleaning plan. Yes I've been married nearly 27 years, and no I don't have cleaning plan yet.

I am pondering . . . turning 50. My birthday is right around the corner. So far I'm not wigging out about it. I hope I can maintain that attitude.

One of my favorite things . . . is cooking. When things get hectic, I tend to let the cooking slide, but I really miss preparing even simple meals.



A few plans for the rest of the week . . . I'm thinking about trying a new yoga class on Friday. It's at a studio called Kundalini Rising Yoga, and the class is Yin Yoga. I'm not really sure what I'm getting into though!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
Sunshine, Blue Mint, Bone, and Pistachio

3 comments:

  1. I think you should give your self a pat on the back for raising your son in such a way that he wants to sit and talk to you! That's fantastic.... sounds like he is a good kid, but also that you've been a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Italian Crescent Rolls look marvelous. My son is sweet, but he went to 6 Flags for Senior Skip Day lol. What a treasured memory this is for you, and what a wonderful son he must be. Congrats. Nice post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of your blog, visually inspiring. Live traffic feed is very cool

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.