Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . February 28, 2012

Outside my window . . . it looks and feels as if spring is here. The sun is shining and the sky is blue. Ds may have to mow the grass this weekend.


I am thinking . . . springtime would be perfect if it weren't for those pesky allergies.


I am thankful . . . for being the mom in the neighborhood the kids gravitate to when they need help. I am the provider of food, odds & ends, and lately, sewing help. American history projects are due this week, and even though ds took it last year, his friends have come to me for help. On the one hand, I can't figure out how I got "stuck" helping sew a 1920's flapper dress and a 1920's menswear placket shirt, but on the other hand it's nice helping them out and seeing and hearing their appreciation.

In the kitchen . . . what with all the historical sewing, we had baked salmon, succotash, and crescent rolls last night. Quick and easy. I haven't even thought about tonight!

I am wearing . . . still in my flannel robe and slippers. 

I am creating . . . still working on that baby blanket. I started it over 3 times I think. I just couldn't find a pattern I was happy with. Over the weekend I got the mojo and found the pattern, so we are under way now.



I am going . . . . to sew and crochet and do laundry. If all that gets accomplished, dh and I make take a walk around the local lake.

I am wondering . . . duty and responsibility, and respect and self-protection.


I am reading . . . The Saving Graces by Patricia Gaffney. It's an interesting, if somewhat fluffy, read. I'm also reading Ezra for Bible study, Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon, and Lenten devotionals on YouVersion.
I am hoping . . . to keep the interest in sewing once the kids finish these projects. I moved my sewing machine, months ago, to the bonus room where there is more light. This is the first sewing I've done out there and I really like the space. It's open and the machine faces the windows. I have room to setup the ironing board and the ping-pong table is excellent for cutting out patterns!

I am looking forward to . . . the coming spring. I would like to get some yard work done, but I don't know how much my allergies can take : )

I am hearing . . . peace and quiet, which is quite lovely after last evening with the 4 of us plus 3 additional teenage boys in the house.


Around the house . . . I'm still working on that cleaning plan. I have about decided the house won't be clean until the kids move out. Oh well!

I am pondering . . . the round robin nature of this weekly post. Apparently my mind doesn't move far from week to week. There is a certain sameness here. I am pondering if that is good or bad, or is it just life.

One of my favorite things . . . is getting into a project (crochet, sewing, homemaking, cooking -- whatever) that really grabs me. I have decided that for me, the key to enjoying the outcome of most things is about enjoying the process. I've spent a lot  of time pushing through the process without realizing that the process is just as important as the outcome.



A few plans for the rest of the week . . . Another class at Kundalini Rising Yoga as last week's was good (an interesting story that I'll share later). Otherwise it's finishing the American history project (no I'm not doing it all myself), crocheting, housework, Bible study, exercising -- there's that repetition I was talking about earlier!).

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
baby blanket progress


1 comment:

  1. I think it's a blessing to be the mom everyone looks to for help. You will be remembered by these kids for many years for your servant's heart. I too am reading Spurgeon's Morning and Evening Devotions - his writings are so inspiring and convicting at the same time.

    Thanks for sharing your daybook. Have a blessed and productive week.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.