Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . April 3, 2012

Outside my window . . . it's a cool 64*. We are warming up very quickly this spring. Yesterday we were close to 90*!


I am thinking . . . that we need another vacation to recuperate from our last one. Dd had a heat stroke that led to a trip to the clinic for IV fluids. Her arm got infected, so she's finishing up a round of antibiotics this morning. Oh my word!


I am thankful . . . for a good walk yesterday morning. The weather was lovely and I felt blessed and energized by the time I got home.

In the kitchen . . . last night we did burgers on the griddle with chips and baked beans. Tonight is Shrimp Alfredo with noodles and a tossed salad.


I am wearing . . . yoga clothes! I made it last week. Let's see if we can make it 2 in a row : )

I am creating . . . baby blankets. I'm half way done with one (need more yarn), only lack the border on another (it doesn't look right, so I need a trip to the yarn store), and I've started a third (while I'm waiting for more yarn for #1). I have 5, that I know of, to make before the end of June.



I am going . . . to meet with my friend from Paris this afternoon. She's in town visiting family and squeezing in enough time for me to share a cuppa and hand over more French Breakfast tea. What a sweetie!

I am wondering . . . about the old wives tale of death coming in 3s. Last week saw the passing of a friend from high school (not yet 50 years old), and the fathers of 2 high school classmates. 


I am reading . . . Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman. It is very well written and quite intriguing, but more than just a little scary.
I am hoping . . . to get some gardening done this week. My front flower bed is in really rough shape and I currently have irises getting ready to bloom on my driveway . . . literally ON my driveway.

I am looking forward to . . . a day of getting things accomplished!

I am hearing . . . the birds chirping and my doggies puttering around the house.


Around the house . . . progress continues, albeit very slowly!

I am pondering . . . the list I made for myself last week. Lists are so helpful to me, but lately I've been having trouble making myself take the time to even make a list. Do you keep a constant to-do list running?

One of my favorite things . . . is spring flowers. I know, that's me and a million other people, but I've taken to buying flowers weekly at the grocery store (thank you, Attic 24!). Right now I have a lovely arrangement of yellow in the kitchen, a pot of purple hyacinths on the front porch, and a yellow pail of daisy seedlings on my desk.



A few plans for the rest of the week . . . no Bible study this week as our public schools are on spring break. It looks to be a fairly quiet week which is fine by me!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .
my sweet Yaya home from the groomer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.