Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . April 17, 2012

Outside my window . . . it is cloudy, with patches of blue coming through. They say we may get more rain.


I am thinking . . . about one of my dogs. Etta is nearly 13 years old, and has been sick. She is half beagle and half dachshund. The vet says it's just an infection, but she's still not eating well. I am worried.


I am thankful . . . for a good day yesterday. Exercise and kinder thoughts toward myself.


In the kitchen . . . last night was tilapia, carrots and green beans. The other night I made a polenta based turkey lasagna. It was quite tasty and I hope to be posting the recipe soon.


I am wearing . . . my summer weight robe, although I'll be changing into yoga clothes soon.


I am creating . . . another baby blanket. This is number 3 in a series of 7. One of the babies was born last week and his parents walked across the street last night with him wrapped in the blanket. What fun!

I am going . . . yoga and then the grocery to pick up just a few things.


I am wondering . . . about cake. My son brought home a bakery cake from his girlfriends Sunday night. I am apparently addicted to bakery cake. I ate too much of it yesterday, so I moved the box to his room to deter myself, but I wandered in there last night a fork in my hand. I need an intervention!


I am reading . . . still working on Mrs. Tuesday's Departure. I'm just not feeling the reading bug right now.


I am hoping . . . for my daughter's interview to go well this morning. She is looking for a intern position for her fall practicum.


I am looking forward to . . . another trip with my husband next week. Now that the kids are grown, it's a nice diversion to drive with him to the eastern part of the state. I get a day to myself and we get some time to just chat -- uninterrupted.


I am hearing . . . birds, my dogs wandering around, and in the distance a siren.


Around the house . . . I am looking for new cushions for the outdoor swing. I want something durable, inexpensive, and fun. I don't really ask that much : )


I am pondering . . . money. We are blessed that dh is well paid for his efforts, but he and I have always had trouble seeing eye to eye on non-essential expenditure, i.e., swing cushions. Not a huge dilemma, but one I would have thought we'd have worked out after 26 years of marriage.


One of my favorite things . . . is completing a crochet project and watching the receiver unwrap it. Handmade gifts mean so much to all of us.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . yoga today, therapy tomorrow, Bible study on Thursday, and a fun/work day with my bestie on Friday.


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
way back when!
for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. praying for you doggy! I love bakery cakes too! not sure why! Hope you have a good trip with your hubby! glad I stopped by, see you around the block! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.