Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY . . . April 24, 2012

Outside my window . . . is a different city. Dh and I traveled east for a business trip yesterday. We're heading home this morning.


I am thinking . . . about the soothing nature of a hotel room. There is no clutter.


I am thankful . . . for time to spend with my dh. I'm sorry it's hard for him to drive long distances on his own, but I'm glad I can help him out.


In the kitchen . . . dd was baking chicken and steaming asparagus for dinner last night. Here's hoping it went well.


I am wearing . . . jeans and a long-sleeved t-shirt as I get ready for the drive home.


I am creating . . . a new baby afghan, using this pattern -- http://www.churchmouseyarns.com/products/vintage-crocheted-blanket. It is a 10 color pattern, and I am just loving working on it.

I am going . . . enjoy the drive home. Three hours of talking with dh and no interruptions.


I am wondering . . . how to keep the vacation mentality when I'm at home. You know that relaxed feeling you get? But then again, maybe that's why it's called vacation.


I am reading . . . The Secret Life of a Fool by Andrew Palau. (I won this book from another blog I read, and I can't remember which one it is!)
I am hoping . . . to plan some designs for my front flower bed (a term I'm using very loosely here!)


I am looking forward to . . . getting home and back to organizing and cleaning -- I know weird, right?


I am hearing . . . a silly old sitcom, Boy Meets World


Around the house . . . dd professed to be doing housework while I was out of town. Time will tell.


I am pondering . . . the speaker we had at worship on Sunday. Ian Morgan Cron's book Jesus, My Father, the CIA, and Me is the next one on my reading list. (listen to the message here)


One of my favorite things . . . my morning routine: tea, computer time, reading the blogs I like, and checking in on Facebook. It' like a connect with my friends/the world while sipping my tea, and then I go about the rest of my day.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . therapy, Bible study, a day with my bestie, and I'm not sure what the weekend holds.


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 


a plethora of baby blankets!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.