Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY . . . May 1, 2012

Outside my window . . . it is partly cloudy and pleasant. We are having lots of heavy pollen. A little rain today would be nice to settle things down a bit.


I am thinking . . . about the end of the school year. Dd is taking exams, and ds is wrapping up his senior year. Each morning as I pack his lunch, I think, "Not many more days of this." I'm not really feeling nostalgic, but rather realizing there is a change on the way.


I am thankful . . . for tea, and friends, and comfort, and peace. It's good to be reminded of how important the little things are.


In the kitchen . . . tonight I'm considering cheesy grits with black beans as a main course. Is that a complete protein?


I am wearing . . . still in my pj's.


I am creating . . . a baby blanket for my daughter's friend. The baby is very ill and not expected to live long, but we felt the need to make something to honor him.

I am going . . . to get a haircut today. I've been needing one for several weeks, but other things kept getting in the way. Today is the day!


I am wondering . . . about all the trivial things that people tend to get so agitated by and with and about. I was reading a blog this morning (here), and it reminded me again that what God wants is love -- love Him, love each other, love ourselves.


I am reading . . . I'm not even sure! I have several books going at once, which usually means I'm not really into any of them. Maybe it's time to scrap them all and start with something fresh.


I am looking forward to . . . a day with everyone out of the house. Not many of those left before school is out.


I am hearing . . . the ceiling fan, cars in the distance, birds chirping, and the hum of the computer.


Around the house . . . I dreamed the other night that I needed to get rid of 1/4 to 1/3 of the items in the house. I think that may have been a prophetic dream.


I am pondering . . . being 50. Yes, my birthday was nearly 2 months ago, but something my husband said recently got me thinking. "You're 50 and I'm 48. If we don't do things now, when are we going to do them?" What do I want to do/have done?


One of my favorite things . . . is blogging. Maybe really it's writing, but blogging provides an outlet with immediate gratification and very little time for second guessing what I write and share.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . yoga today, the aforementioned haircut, therapy, Bible study, Alan has another business meeting (but I'm not driving), crocheting, organizing -- less planning and more doing, I think.


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
my 2 favorite boys -- back in the day

5 comments:

  1. We have several graduations in our family this year: Wonder Boy's 8th, Princess's 6th, Daughter's Nursing school, oldest grandson's 12th, niece's 12th...the end of one thing and the beginning of another....
    I enjoyed reading your answers so very much...life is in the simple things(blessings)....Jesus was all about LOVE, I think we as Christians forget that sometimes.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you're not the only one in the reading slump. I've been in the middle of Ben Franklin's Autobiography for weeks now with no bookmark movement. I need something fun and almost brainless, really, to kick the slump!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nearly summer! Time to break out the beach reads!

      Delete
  3. Very nice post. What a precious thing to give that little angel a blanket. I turned 50 in 2010, but doesn't feel that much different than before:) I love blogging too!! Happy May Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading your daybook! Thank you for sharing, and for stopping by my blog and commenting. Sorry to hear about the lil one that isn't expected to make it. And, happy birthday! Have a wonderfully blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.