Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thankful Thursday #20


My son graduates from high school on Saturday.
How did that happen!?!
I just found out I was pregnant. That he was a boy. I just spent those weeks in the hospital trying to hold on to him. He was just born.
We just survived the constant crying. The early tube placement to ease the pain and hearing loss.
We just finished speech therapy.
Didn't we just finish pre-school and kindergarten and grade school?
Weren't we just homeschooling yesterday? And playing soccer?
Wait didn't we just start high school?
What do you mean he's driving? Dating?
He's 18! How did that happen?
We started his senior year . . . wasn't that just yesterday?
He's graduating?


Thank you, God for giving me this tiny being who has grown into this wonderful young man. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to mother him, and forgive me for all the wrong steps I took with him. Thank you for your grace!


Thank you, Sam for being my son and letting me be your mom. It's a joyous part of my life. I know it doesn't end (thankfully!), but it does change. Don't leave me too far behind, ok? I'm always here for you, but remember I need you just as much as you need me. I love you.

link up at Women Taking a Stand

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm crying, too! What a lucky young man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All mine have flown the coup ... And it is amazing how time flies! This life is so temporary. But, you have new adventures ahead...! So happy for you all. Enjoy each second. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless your (all growed up) baby boy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I know it is a bittersweet moment. Been there with 3 of my sons and now my baby girl will be graduating next year. The tears will come but so much more is ahead of you. Thanks for sharing over at TT today!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.