Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

whispered lies

there is a voice in my head that whispers lies all day long. i don't think the voice is mine, although for years I believed it was. they are not grandiose lies. they are not complex lies. they are believable lies. they are the lies i have heard all my life.

-- no one will believe you
-- you're making it all up
-- you're crazy
-- you think you are the center of the universe
-- you are lazy
-- you are ugly
-- if people really knew you they would run from you

some of these lies were spoken over me by real people. other lies i learned to believe through context. i don't hear them as much as i breath them. it is an unconscious listening -- like an inhale followed by the logical exhale -- one leads to another.

the voice is not my own. the voice belongs to them. the abusers. the tormentors. the naysayers. to him. the father of lies.

the only way to remove that voice is to replace it with The Voice of Truth (John 8:32). that Voice says

-- I believe you
-- you are speaking truth
-- you are loved
-- you are the center of My universe
-- you are strong and courageous
-- you  are My beautiful daughter
-- I know you and treasure you

i am working on erasing the lies, but they are deeply embedded. even erased, there remains a faint impression.

link up at MAMA'S losing IT

7 comments:

  1. Great post!!

    http://lgoogoogaga.wordpress.com/2012/04/29/bullets-for-breakfast/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recognizing the lies and countering them with the truth is a huge step that took me many years to get to. Realizing it's not US, but THEM with the issue is monumental.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you, you are a beautiful, precious daughter of the King.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well written. I loved how it was simple and every word full of meaning. I pray God does replace the lies with truth and you find freedom from the negative thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart was just pounding away when I read your post. I have heard those lies for many years myself. Still 30 some years later and I still hear them. Wish we knew each other enough that we could talk with each other about it.

    Hugs!
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post. I am glad you found The Word to contradict the lies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely agree with your other readers...they ARE lies and you have definitely found the truth! Now start believing it!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.