Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fruity Non-Alcoholic Sangria


We don't drink alcohol in our house. Both sides of our family show a propensity toward alcoholism, so we have taken the safest approach. That being said, I love fruity drinks, and am often quite envious of all those lovely summer drinks out there. Years ago I ran across a recipe for non-alcoholic sangria. For years I served this regularly at summer parties, but then it got lost in the recipe collection. Last week, I had some oranges desperately in need of using, and I remembered the recipe. Of course I didn't have all the actual ingredients, so I improvised! I like my improvisation better than the original recipe so I am sharing it here. So fresh, fruity, and yummy!


4 cups punch Juicy Juice
1/2 cup orange juice (I used fresh squeezed because I had 5 oranges that needed to be used)
2 limes, squeezed
1 lime, thinly sliced
1 small Gala apple, cored and thinly sliced
1 orange, halved and thinly sliced
2 12-oz cans of Fresca, chilled (or substitute sparkling water for a less sweet sangria)
In a clear pitcher, combine all ingredients except Fresca. Stir well and cover. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Before serving, add chilled Fresca. Serves 4-6.

link up at Mama's losin' it

Prompt: Milkshakes, margaritas, smoothies and more…share your favorite summer time drink recipe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.