Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Made by You Monday -- Black Bean Filling

I made Black Bean Quesadillas Saturday night for dinner. I use the recipe from Leanne Ely's Saving Dinner. We had leftover filling, so for lunch yesterday I made a big green salad and topped it with the remaining quesadilla filling and Kirby cucumbers, shredded cheddar cheese, and crouton. So yummy with some fresh ciabatta! I didn't get any pictures,but I thought I share the filling recipe. This is really simple and you could substitute whatever fresh veggies you have on hand.

Filling recipe:
1/2 T. olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic (I used some oven roasted garlic I had on hand)
1 15-oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 red bell pepper, chopped (I used the pepper blend from Publix)
2 tomatoes, chopped
5 oz. frozen corn (you could use fresh or canned)
In a large skillet, add the oil and saute the onion and garlic until tender. Add remaining ingredients until thoroughly heated. At this point you can use it as quesadilla filling or refrigerate it and add to your salad the next day. It would be a yummy salsa-type dip as well.

I don't have a picture of the salad, but here's one of the remaining filling.
Happy Eating!


link up at Skip to My Lou and Wow Us Wednesday

1 comment:

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.