Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . June 12, 2012

Outside my window . . . it's overcast and muggy. We had rain last night so everything is damp, including my porch swing pillows : (


I am thinking . . . about fresh veggies. We have a lot in the fridge right now so I'm hunting for and trying new recipes.


I am thankful . . . for all the good friends who have helped over the past few days as I've been working through some difficult family issues.


In the kitchen . . . squash souffle last night. Pork roast with root vegetables and red cabbage salad on Saturday night. I'm not sure for tonight, but I'm thinking tilapia.


I am wearing . . . black yoga pants, a black tank top, and an over-sized t-shirt. It's off to yoga this morning!


I am creating . . . still working on my lovely striped afghan, but I need to complete those 2 commissioned afghans and get started on 3 baby blankets.

I am going . . . to putter around the house when I get back from yoga. A little laundry, some ironing, Bible study, reading, and crocheting.


I am wondering . . . about the definition of compassion. My husband posted a definition the other day on Facebook: Compassion is the virtue of empathy for the suffering of others. It is regarded as a fundamental part of human love, and a cornerstone of greater social interconnection and humanism —foundational to the highest principles in philosophy, society, and personhood.


I am reading . . . The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
and Toxic Parents by Susan Forward
I am looking forward to . . . I'm not sure on this one. I keep coming back to it, but can't really come up with anything I'm specifically looking forward to.


I am hearing . . . the dogs scratching at the back door. They are more than ready for breakfast.

Around the house . . . FlyLady is making regular appearances and we are seeing improvements.


I am pondering . . . this comment from a friend: "While it may seem that you miss the little things, the thing I believe you really miss is the thing you've always missed - outward evidence of their love for you: their desire to protect you and keep you from harm. And then, when you are harmed as we all will be, to step in and lift you up."


One of my favorite things . . . is photography. I've always been intrigued by it, but it has only been in the past few years that I've really tried my hand (or eye) at it. It's much easier to be willing to make mistakes with digital vs. film!


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . summer activities: yoga, the pool, a little housework, trying new recipes, reading, sewing, crocheting, relaxing.


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
another photo by Alan from his trip

1 comment:

  1. Your days sound alot like mine! Exercise, laundry, housework, crochet and reading! As soon as we get our pool open (hopefully tomorrow) I'll be throwing swimming in there too :)

    here's my daybook:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/06/simple-womans-daybook-61712.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.