Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY . . . July 31, 2012

Outside my window . . . it is clear and 79 degrees. My cherry tree has dropped some yellow leaves. I am not sure if this is a precursor to autumn or just a reaction to the drought we had earlier in the summer.


I am thinking . . . that life shouldn't be so difficult. I am blessed beyond all reason and I am truly grateful for my blessings, but sometimes the struggles I do have seem so incredibly overwhelming. Then I feel guilty because I know so many other people have it so much more difficult than I do. Anybody else struggle with this?


I am thankful . . . for all the blessings in my life.


In the kitchen . . . Sunday night was pork roast, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Monday night was scrambled eggs and french toast. I think tonight will be tomato, basil, and feta salad with grilled fish, but that could always change.


I am wearing . . . an over-sized white t-shirt and cotton pj pants from Old Navy.


I am creating . . . still the stripey afghan and those commissioned afghans. I recently got some washi tape that I want to play with soon.


I am going . . . to swim today instead of yoga. I didn't get my swim in yesterday as I went with ds to the doctor to get his college immunizations. Someone had told him he might pass out from them. NOT!


I am wondering . . . why I have such a hard time dealing with recurring issues in my family.

I am reading . . . The Alienist by Caleb Carr. I'm really glad to be re-reading this, as I think I read it so quickly last time that I missed a lot of the nuances of the story.

I am looking forward to . . . the return of some kind of routine. We've been sleeping in and muddling along with little or no schedule of late, and I think it's taking a toll on my mood.

I am hearing . . . the hum of electronics and the whirring of the ceiling fan. My tea is steeping and the dogs are doing their morning perusal of the house.

Around the house . . . I want to make some visual changes, but I'm not sure how extreme I want to go.


I am pondering . . . shifting relationships and honesty.


One of my favorite things . . . is getting a pedicure. It is the ultimate in relaxation for me. I'd have them done at least once a month if I weren't too cheap to pay for them.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . lunch with my bestie tomorrow! Woo-hoo! Haven't seen her in a couple of weeks and I need me some free therapy.


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
freshly painted toes to match my 
new car!

for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.