Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . August 7, 2012

Outside my window . . . is the Cumberland Plateau
I am thinking . . . that 2 days away from the stress at home doesn't solve everything, but it is nice.

I am thankful . . . for a loving husband who provides emotional and financial support for me to take a little break.

In the kitchen . . . dh and dd did the cooking while I've been away. Apparently they ate well.

I am wearing . . . yoga pants and a new gray t-shirt for a little more sightseeing and the drive home.

I am creating . . . an improved attitude. 

I am going . . . The Fragrant Mushroom in Sparta, TN. It's a little pottery and fragrance shop that I've been to before. It's a little out of my way, but it's worth it.

I am wondering . . . how to get myself motivated on the housework.

I am reading . . . Red Hook Road by Ayelet Waldman. Sad, but I love Ms Waldman's writing.

I am looking forward to . . . trying to get a realistic plan for going forward (and yes I do realize I'm always making plans to make plans!)

I am hearing . . . Gilmore Girls on the little tv in my room.

Around the house . . . who knows -- I'm not there. I hope it's not a disaster when I get home.

I am pondering . . . the constant up and down of family relationships. Does it ever level out?

One of my favorite things . . . is driving with the top down on the Fiat.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . back to routine -- Bible study, swimming, yoga, therapy.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 


1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos! Enjoy your time of rest and refreshment.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.