Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Simple Woman



FOR TODAY . . . September 11, 2012

Outside my window . . . the sky is a cloudless blue that stretches forever. It's cool 58 degrees. My cherry tree is dropping it's leaves quickly this fall, as the other trees haven't even started to change colors yet.

I am thinking . . . that antibiotics can be a wonderful thing. I started one yesterday for a bladder infection and am somewhat amazed at how much better I feel.

I am thankful . . . for a new yoga class I started last night with one of my besties. It's an Intro class, but it was nice to work step by step through poses and sequences making sure that my form was correct. The instructor is 79 years old and there is another lady in the class who is 86! That's just one of the reasons I do yoga!

In the kitchen . . . things have been a bit scattered, but tonight we are having grilled chicken sandwiches, corn on the cob, and fresh green beans.

I am wearing . . . my summer weight robe and an oversized pink t-shirt (I know you are all jealous of my haute couture!)

I am creating . . . still plugging through those afghans. I need some smaller projects to work on as well. Oh yeah, I went to a quilting class on Saturday and learned how to make the cathedral window design.
I am going . . . to stay home today and try to catch up a little on all the things I haven't done while not feeling well.

I am wondering . . . about the date. I don't do anything  commemorate the 9-11 disaster, but of course I keep thinking about it.

I am reading . . . Stigma by Philip Hawley, Jr. It's a medical thriller much like Robin Cook.

I am looking forward to . . . feeling better! I was really concerned that I was moving into a major depression, so it was quite a relief to find out there was a physiological cause for my malaise (well that's quite a turn of phrase, isn't it?)

I am hearing . . . the dogs pacing around before settling in for their morning naps. Tomorrow they both go in to get their teeth cleaned and Squeaker has to have lump removed from her neck.

Around the house . . . things are quite chaotic (read, messy). I want to try this new technique I found, but it really might be that I just need to get up and do it!

I am pondering . . . stretching, both literally and figuratively. They are equally good for the soul.

One of my favorite things . . . is the changing seasons. I don't think I could live anywhere that there wasn't an obvious seasonal change. I was happy to be able to wear a new long sleeved t-shirt for the first time yesterday.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a little housework, a little laundry, taking the dogs to the vet, yoga, swimming, therapy, Bible study, and then ds comes home this weekend : )

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
Just a little humor, and a gentle reminder!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.