Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- Day 16 of 31



FOR TODAY . . . October 16, 2012

Outside my window . . . the sky is clear blue and the temperature is 52 degrees. I woke up COLD this morning (we dipped into the low 40's) and got up to turn the heat up.


I am thinking . . . about what to do today. I finished a course of steroids this morning. They have wiped me out for the past few days, so I'd like to get some things done today, but don't want to overdo.

I am thankful . . . to be done with the steroids. I hope the side effects don't last too long.

In the kitchen . . . last night was a big pot of chili. Tonight I'm thinking about chicken sausage, mac & cheese, and green beans.

I am wearing . . . my gown and flannel robe. I need to get a shower and get dressed, but I don't have anywhere to be right now so I guess there's no rush.

I am creating . . . this afghan is coming along quite nicely. I no longer feel that I'm just barely started at this point.
I am going . . . to get a few things done around the house and work on Bible study today.

I am wondering . . . about parental responsibility. I don't think I had any idea when I had children what I was getting into. My own parents were pretty hands off and I just assumed that was the way it was done. I'm looking back now and wishing I had known/done some things differently. The good news is I can talk with my kids about those things now and hopefully still help them through rough spots.

I am reading . . . A Murder of Crows by Jan Dunlap. It's a pretty good little murder mystery that I found for free to download to my Kindle. I needed something relaxing and relatively mindless, and this seems to fit the bill.

I am looking forward to . . . a trip with dh in December. We are going to swim with the manatees in Crystal River, FL!

I am hearing . . . nothing but silence which is quite lovely. My neighbor who drives a motorcycle just left for work. I can time my morning fairly well by the whine of his engine as heads down our street.

Around the house . . . just the usual to do today -- a little laundry and picking up. Empty the dishwasher, and then take ds pick up his car from the shop.

I am pondering . . . not much right now. My mind is a bit addled from the steroids -- I'm hoping that clears up soon!

One of my favorite things . . . is the changing seasons. We have had a lovely autumn here so far. Frequently we have short changes -- from hot straight to cold. But this years we seem to be easing our way into autumn and it just delightful.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . getting back on routine, testing the body's ability to get back to exercise, Bible study, and a farewell dinner with the besties as KFH heads to the great white north for his annual holiday show.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
morning tea

1 comment:

  1. I was really happy to arrive this site.I needed to thank you for this fantastic article

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.