Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Voice [Day 26 of 31]

Voice(s)

How many voices do you hear in your head?
I hear a chorus. A very discordant chorus.

There are the abusers' voices full of threats and lies.
"You are worthless, self-centered, unloved, dramatic. No one will miss you when you're gone."

There is my child voice.
Full of questions about why this is happening and what I did wrong to make it all happen.

There is my counselor's voice.
Assuring me that I am not a bad person, but rather bad things happened to me through no fault of my own.

There is my husband's voice.
Filled with love and humor, frustration and pain, patience and intellect. Reminding me of what is real and true.

There is God's voice.
Calling to me. Reminding me that I am His. His daughter. Christ's sister. God's "crown of all His creatures" (James 1:18). The only voice that really matters. 

And I struggle to tune out the evil ones and focus on the good ones. 
To hear the loving voices telling me truth.
And I post a note above my computer -- Only God is truth.
His is the voice on which to focus.

linking up at 5 minute friday and WOE Weekend Linkup



5 comments:

  1. Coming at you from Lisa-Jo's 5 Minute Friday and this post is very powerful. Great job expressing voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this, really, really loved this!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.